Sunday 24 April 2011

Is a picture worth a thousand words?

Like many of my generation, for a while I surcame to the quick fix of online dating. I tried a few different sites, some were more "date" orientated, others definitely more sexual. All left me equally deluded. How many hours I lost browsing pictures, initiating forced conversations, and going on awkward dates where invariably I would make an excuse to get away ASAP. The old adage says a picture is worth a thousand words, but pictures also tell a thousand lies. No matter how attractive or confident someone would appear in photo, I rarely found this the case in real life. I think the most important thing when you meet someone is the unknowing, unplanned chemistry... You either click or you don't. And you feel it straight away. It's a glance, it's a scent. No photo's or words can ever take the place of that raw animal instinct we call attraction. I have since removed all profiles, and have gone back to meeting potential dates the old fashioned way... Face to face.

Citizen Kane.

No comments:

Post a Comment