Tuesday 26 April 2011

Coming Of Age.

I recently caught up with a friend in New York who I had lived with in Milan for 6 months aged 21. She asked me, out of the blue "So, HOW is it finally being 28?" with a cheeky grin. For a minute I thought she was refering to my edging closer to 30, and then I remembered a conversation we had back in Via Denti all those years ago, where I boldly stated, that in my opinion, 28 was the perfect age for a Man. I had long forgotten this flying statement, one of many in my know-it-all youth, but actually, this was almost a prophecy of sorts! Since turning 28 last summer my confidence boomed as if overnight... I became self assured, comfortable in my own skin, appreciative of my naked body, empowered in my artistic ability, confident in my personal relations.... Had I really just been waiting for my 28th birthday all this time to come into my own? And does this mean that it's all down hill from here?? No, no... Onwards and upwards, yes, that sounds good.

Citizen Kane.

No comments:

Post a Comment